Black Country UNESCO Global Geopark photography competition 2022 terms and conditions
By entering this competition, you agree to these terms and conditions and to comply fully with them.
- This competition is open to residents within the Black Country only
- Anyone involved with the competition and judging (including their families and relatives) cannot enter this competition
- One entry per person is permitted. One entry can include up to five photos
- Photos should represent geosites across the area. Further details can be found at - https://blackcountrygeopark.dudley.gov.uk/sites-to-see/
- Anyone under the age of 18 must get permission from their parent or guardian before they enter. By submitting an entry for the competition, it is deemed their parent/carer/guardian is giving consent and agrees to the use of the entry as described in these terms and conditions
- The competition closes at 5pm on September 16 2022, entries received after this date will not be included
- Photographs should be sent in a jpeg format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos can also be sent via WeTransfer to the same address
- Entries should include name, age and address and a contact telephone number
- By entering the competition, the entrant gives permission for their image to be used freely by the Black Country UNESCO Global Geopark for the promotion of the competition and the geopark. Every effort will be made to ensure credits are given to any photograph published in any medium
- By submitting images to the Black Country UNESCO Global Geopark competition, each entrant confirms:
- they are the sole author of each photo they enter, and it is their original work
- they own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image
- they have the permission of anyone pictured in the image (or, where the image shows someone under the age of 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by Black Country UNESCO Global Geopark and will indemnify Black Country UNESCO Global Geopark against any claims made by any third parties
- have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by Black Country UNESCO Global Geopark
- they have received permissions from the owner(s) of objects including buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by Black Country UNESCO Global Geopark and will indemnify Black Country UNESCO Global Geopark against any claims made by any third parties
The judging panel will be made up of selected representatives from partner organisations and the four Mayors of the Black Country.
Judges will assess entries to establish one overall winner, three runners up and eight commended entries.
The decision of the organisers is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation.
Prizes will be awarded to the over winner and three runners up.
Announcement of winners
The winner, runners up and commended entries will be announced on October 6 2022 – international geodiversity day.
Please note your details will be kept on our secure database to enable us to use your images (see usage rights), send you information about the annual photography competition and other information about Black Country UNESCO Global Geopark.
Please note we will not pass on information about you to any group or individual outside the geopark.
Indemnity and limitation of liability
Whether directly or indirectly in connection with this competition or any of the prizes, the Black Country UNESCO Global Geopark excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you.
By entering the competition, you agree to indemnify Black Country UNESCO Global Geopark and keep Black Country UNESCO Global Geopark indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by the geopark as a result of your entry in the competition. This includes but is not limited to any claim by a third party of infringement of intellectual property rights.
The information given in these terms and conditions is correct, but Black Country UNESCO Global Geopark reserves the right to make changes without prior warning.
By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
An entry will be void if an entrant breaches the terms and conditions. The organiser may require prizes to be returned if a breach is discovered after the award of a prize.
You agree that if you are a winner, runner up or commended photographer you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity, for example, the publication of photograph(s) with your name on the Black Country UNESCO Global Geopark website and social media channels.
These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The overall winner will win:
- Family pass to Dudley Zoo and Castle
- Trip into the Singing Cavern with Dudley Canal and Tunnel trust
- Spend the day with an expert from the Black Country UNESCO Global Geopark
- One family ticket for the bonfire and fireworks event at Walsall Arboretum on Saturday 5 November 2022
Runners up will be given one of the following prizes at the discretion of the competition organisers:
- Afternoon Tea at Himley
- £30 shop voucher Red House Glass Cone
- Two tickets for a glass fusing class at the Red House Cone
Each runner-up will also be given two tickets to the bonfire and fireworks event at Walsall Arboretum on Saturday 5 November 2022
The eight commended entries will receive a family ticket to Forge Mill Farm at Sandwell Valley Country Park.